The Abergavenny Food Festival has a promotion/competition in Waitrose Weekend magazine for the week commencing 9 August.
The prize is a weekend break for two at the Gliffaes Country House Hotel plus weekend stroller tickets for the Festival (15 and 16 September).
Copies of the magazine can be picked up in-store. Here are the details of the terms and conditions:
1. Entries must be via email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Waitrose Weekend competition’ in the subject line or on a postcard to Cathy Green, Abergavenny Food Festival, PO Box 49, Abergavenny NP7 5XZ and entry into the draw implies acceptance of these conditions.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age on 30 June 2012, and not employees of the John Lewis Partnership, Abergavenny Food Festival, or their dependants or their agents or anyone else professionally associated with the promotion.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on 22 August 2012. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are illegible, incomplete, lost or delayed in transit or which fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
5. No automated, third party or bulk entries permitted.
6. The prize comprises of 2 nights’ stay on 14 and 15 September 2012 including dinner for two and a bottle of house wine on 14 September 2012, plus a pair of stroller wristband tickets for the Abergavenny Food Festival on 15 and 16 September 2012.
7. Six runners-up will each receive a pair of stroller wristband tickets for Abergavenny Food Festival on 15 and 16 September 2012.
8. The prize does not include any ground transportation at the origin or destination.
9. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and there is no cash alternative.
10. Winners will be notified by email by 20 August 2012. The name and county of the winners will be available by sending an SAE marked ‘AFF competition to Waitrose Marketing, Doncastle Road, Bracknell RG12 8YA’ after 28 September 2012. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners; however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within a reasonable period, an alternative winner will be chosen.
11. If the winner of the draw is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
12. If events occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond Waitrose’s reasonable control, it may, at its discretion, vary or amend the promotion accordingly and the promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in such circumstances.
13. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
14. The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
15. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. The winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity.
17. Waitrose and partners are responsible for the promotion, which is the publication. Abergavenny Food Festival, PO Box 49, Abergavenny NP7 5XZ, is responsible for the adjudication of the prize draw. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of both Abergavenny Food Festival, PO Box 49, Abergavenny NP7 5XZ and Gliffaes Hotel, Crickhowell, Powys NP8 1RH.
18. Abergavenny Food Festival will never release your personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, unless you opt in to receive information and offers. In this instance, personal details are used for the purposes of awarding the competition prizes only.
19. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.