Help is at hand for anyone who wants to keep track of their budgets by food planning, shopping, making the most of left-overs and recipes while on the go, thanks to a new app from Love Food Hate Waste (LFHW).
Recently launched in both English and Welsh and available for iPhone and android devices, the app enables users to organise a wide range of information and features, and tailor this to their individual requirements.
The free app offers a host of features including:
- ‘My kitchen’ – store details of all the foods you’ve got at home in your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Add ‘use by’ reminders so you don’t waste food
- Portion planner and a meal planning diary
- 100s of great recipes (with new ones regularly added) with simple, step-by-step instructions
- A feast of helpful tips and ideas from LFHW
- Keep a record of your own creations by adding your recipes to a ‘My cookbook’ section
- Rate and share recipes
- ‘Shopping list’ not only tracks everything you need for your planned meals, but also alerts you if you have duplicates of any ingredients. Instantly ‘unpack’ your food purchases into your virtual kitchen
The updated app also offers a ‘My profile’ area where users can record what they’ve cooked, culinary achievements, and the chance to opt for connecting – via Facebook or Twitter – with friends and family who also use the app. Get full details and download the app here.